DN1068 (42”) for Central European Refinery
A Universal Untied FCC Reactor Internal Expansion Joint for a UOP Fluid Catalytic Cracking Process (Resid) have been successfully designed, manufactured and tested for a Central European Refinery.
The design and construction details of this unit are:
- Medium: Catalyst
- Design Pressure: 0.35 barg (5.07 psi)
- Bellows Temperature: 538 °C (1000 °F)
- Axial movement: – 85 mm / + 95 mm
- Lateral movement: 16 mm
- Angular movement: 0.5 deg
- Bellows: Incoloy 825
- Pipes: A387 Gr11 Cl 2
- Hexmesh: SS410 (UOP 3-25-7)
- Lining: Actchem 85
Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC) technology involves high tech Expansion Joints and each technology provider or licensor has exclusive designs for these components. MACOGA has worked with all the major FCC licensors and is familiar with their designs.